Saturday, March 15, 2014

Throw it in the Crockpot: Episode Two

I was looking in my freezer the other day and came to the realization that we have waaayyyy too many peas. There are just bags and bags and bags of frozen peas everywhere. So, on today's episode of Throw it in the Crockpot, I decided to use some of those frozen peas. And so we have:

Ham and Peas and Such


Basically this is a very simple meal of:

2 partially used bags of frozen peas
some frozen carrots 
almost 2 pounds of ham (cubed)
1/2 onion
half a box of pasta
about a tbs of butter
2 packets of soy sauce from a Chinese takeaway
some garlic salt

and that's it! Some cheese or alfredo sauce would have probably been a good addition.. but I didn't have any on hand that I wanted to add... so that's it!

Slowly but surely, the old things hidden at the back of the freezer and cupboard are being used...

No comments:

Post a Comment