Thursday, March 13, 2014

My first tattoo!

I've known I wanted a tattoo for quite some time. Since I was a child, I always thought I would get some awesome dragon tattoo; however, as I got older I began to realize just how many people had dragon tattoos... and I'm not a person who likes overly popular things. I like unique things. And unfortunately, a dragon is not very unique. I am also a person who thinks there should be a lot of meaning behind a tattoo, not just because it looks cool.

After thinking about it for some time.. I finally decided on my design.


I hear you saying to yourself, "what the heck is that?!" Well, it's a line from one of my favorite songs ever. "Someday.." by ZE:A. It's a Korean song and I absolutely love it.


line at 1:50

I'm one of those people that think it's ridiculous to get a random tattoo in a language you don't understand, so I was very hesitant about getting this tattoo. However, I have studied a bit of Korean, been to Korea a few times, and I have seen this song performed live on more than one occasion and actually met the band that sings it.. so it really does have a lot of meaning behind it for me.

 Now that we have that cleared up.. onto the process. I don't really have pictures to show of the actual experience (because my phone was dying... we were waiting a really long time and pinterest used all my battery). But here's a picture of the room.

so bright and cheery!
Did it hurt? Yes.. it did. The pain was not unbearable, though. However, I do have a high pain tolerance. What surprised me was that it felt more like a knife than a needle. I was not expecting that. But, I survived. Here is the final result!


I'm very happy with the way it turned out. Sure, it may not be perfect, but neither am I.


and no, this will definitely not be my last tattoo...

No comments:

Post a Comment