Friday, March 7, 2014

Throw it in the Crockpot: Episode One

My family likes to buy food. We shop at discount stores and buy things on sale a lot.. and it's not always things we need.. or that we have any plans to use any time soon. So, needless to say, our freezer, pantry, and refrigerator are always full (too full). So many times I find things buried that have been forgotten for way way way too long... and are long since expired.

So, to help clean out our extreme stash of food, I like to take a whole bunch of crap and just throw it all into the crockpot together. Surprisingly... this has led to some wonderful meals (some of which my family tells me I should make again... which I won't). No one knows my secret and they usually think I followed a recipe... or that I am just a brilliant cook.

Today in the crockpot we have...
This glob of mush
I will call it...

BBQ Chickeny Fiesta


What's inside?

1 cup white rice
2 pounds ground chicken
3 sweet peppers (chopped)
1/2 onion (chopped)
some frozen peas
tad bit of leftover turkey meat
3 chicken sausages w/ cheese and peppers
1 packet soy sauce from a Chinese takeaway
the rest of a bottle of BBQ sauce (maybe a cup?)


So there you have it! If you ever need a way to get rid of random food that is taking up too much space... just throw it in the crockpot! It's fun to think of different combinations.

No comments:

Post a Comment