Saturday, March 7, 2015

Sparkling Grapefruit Juice

I'm sure we've all heard about the health benefits of grapefruits by now. They are packed with Vitamin A and Vitamin C. They are also a good source of potassium. We've been told that grapefruits can help us lose weight faster and can help prevent cancer. Grapefruit is a part of the ever popular "Military Diet"... and of course there are even a few diets simply referred to as the "Grapefruit Diet". So... with the buzz about grapefruits, they should be pretty good, right?

Grapefruits are one of my favorite fruits; however, sometimes I just don't have the patience to eat one. I can't just bite into it like an apple, and I can't just peel it like a banana. I actually have to work for it. And of course there's always that stringy stuff that gets stuck in my teeth.

So, for a quick fix that makes a grapefruit a little more portable... I love grapefruit juice.

Now, I will admit, sometimes grapefruit juice on it's own can be a bit sour/tart (I guess that is why my mom always ate her grapefruit with sugar sprinkled on the top). To help with this I just water it down a bit with some sparkling water. It adds no calories and no sugars/artificial sweeteners. It just adds a little extra fizz which is also a great morning pick me up.

mmMmmmm Good.


Here's everything I needed! My citrus juicer, my sparkling water, and my grapefruit (I actually ended up using 2 instead of one like I originally planned...)


Nothing really fancy about my juicer. Just some kind of Black and Decker thing we got from one of my coworkers who never used it!


This is the amount of juice I got from 2 grapefruits. So... just add in some sparkling water and...


Whoot Whoot! We have sparkling grapefruit juice! What a way to say good morning :)

Recipe:

  • 2 Grapefruits (juiced)
  • Sparkling Water

No comments:

Post a Comment